Carmen Cherry U.S. Air Force 1971 – 1975 (Disable Ret)
- Spouse: Wand Faye Cherry
- Children: 3 Daughters/4 Sons
- Grandchildren: 10 Grandchildren
- Highest Rank: Sergeant (Sgt)
- Legionnaire (2016 – Present)
- Service Officer (2016-Present); Commander (2022-Present)
- He didn’t become an active American Legion member until 2016 as part of Post 143. He transferred to the CSM Gary W. Crisp Post 289 in 2018. His goals are to help the post the best he can and become more involved by becoming one of the elected officers.
- Sergeant Cherry joined the Air Force in December 1971 and attended Basic Training at Lackland AFB, TX and Pavement Maintenance Technical School at Sheppard AFB, TX to become a specialist. He went back to Shepard Air Force Base in 1972 to further his mission as a Pavement Specialist and Explosive Specialist.
- During his career Sergeant Cherry served as Pavement Maintenance Crew Specialist in caring for the Maintenance of Base roadways, runways, and base perimeter (Red Horse) and Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam. He became a Honor Guard Specialist, Columbus Air Force Base, MS. (Triple Nickel).
- Sergeant Cherry was recognize for his performance as a Pavement Maintenance Specialist while at Columbus Air Force Base and was chosen by the General of Columbus Air Force Base as a Honor Guard Specialist.
Carmen Cherry was born in Detroit, Michigan. He attended Nashville Technical School in Nashville, TN. I was certified as a Air Condition/Heating & Electrician Specialist. He worked on Fort Campbell as a Civil Service Worker as a certified air condition and heating, electrician specialist, attended Austin Peay College at night, but never finished college due to many, many overtime work required of him as a Maintenance Specialist. He loves coin collecting, fishing, hiking and is an avid bowler. He was avid bowler while in the Air Force. He enjoyed helping his fellow Veterans in receiving their service related condition(s) in helping to change their life and family life forever. He sings in the First Baptist Church, Hilldale Church and presently at Excell Baptist Church. He moved back to Clarksville to be close to his family members and helping his mother and father.